Thursday, August 28, 2008

Malfunction Safety Belt






This defective parts is taken from a 43 months old car,a Toyota Vios.The belt jammed and unable to pull out. I don't expect a safety belt suppied by a well known car manufacturer would failed to do its work within such a short period.
During this period,this car service was always been done at the Toyota authorised workshop without fail.The safety belt failure shows the workshop mechanics are not doing a proper job.
We are being short change and given sub-standard products,otherwise it would not had failed so easily.Are our local assembler gambling with their loyal customers lives?
Warranty covered for such parts is 36 months,since it already expired,I tear it apart to see what goes wrong.The imprint on the plastic casing say "Do Not Open".But with just a screw driver,I am able to opened and closed it back easily.
It seem like the mechanism teeth is unable to retract to give a free play for the belt to be pull out.

No comments:

Speed Test on Toyota Ipsum 240s

This evening my friend invite me to Taiping for supper in his newly purchase MPV, year 2001 Toyota Ipsum 240s.I was given the passenger seat this video was captured using my Treo 650. The distance between my place to Taiping is about 76 km. The traffic was slightly heavy and the journey was about 35 minutes. The return trip was shorter because of less traffic and he did it in 25 minutes.Average speed he doing is about 160km/hr. One word to discribe the performance of this vehicle............its awesome.